Why Your Business Needs a Mobile Fleet App
In a small business, every second is precious. You don’t have time to waste installing new software or learning new programs — not when there are invoices to pay, clients to meet, and a thousand other tasks that need to get done now.
Mobile can help. Fleet management apps, available for your smartphone or tablet, are the perfect time-saver for managers who are always on the clock.
- 24-7 Accessibility. Problems with fleet cards or drivers come up quickly, and need to be solved just as quickly. With a mobile app, you can fix these problems as they arise. Don’t trek back to the office just to access your accounts. Pay bills, activate cards and check your credit, all from the road or job site.
- Versatility. Stop lugging around a bulky, fragile laptop to work sites — or worse, chaining yourself to your office computer. Mobile apps work on both smartphones and tablets. It’s all the same interface.
- Simplicity. Touch screens are quick to learn and intuitive to use. So there’s no need for additional training or appointments with IT. You can take action in mere seconds with just a tap or swipe of your finger. It’s that easy.
What should I look for in a mobile app?
Many fleet apps focus on drivers, not decision-makers. They’re useful to a point, but they don’t help you monitor or manage your fleet expenses.
Instead, look for an app that provides services you need, such as:
- Bill pay. View and make payments instantly, right from your phone or tablet, so you can avoid late fees or last-minute trips to the office to pay the bills.
- Credit monitoring. Don’t let you or your drivers get stranded with cards that stopped working. Keep track of your credit balance at all times so you never risk going over your limit.
- Card management. Activate, reissue and terminate cards in seconds. Activate cards as needed to avoid fueling disruptions, or instantly terminate cards if unauthorized purchases occur.
- In-depth purchase detail. Stay on top of what your drivers are buying. Detect fraud and abuse as they happen so you can take action before it spirals out of control.
Getting Your Fleet Management App: A 60-Second Guide
- Find an app by going to the business’ website.
Some companies have buttons on their websites that link to their app pages in the iPhone Store or on Google Play. Just click on the button to go to the app you want.
- Or find Fleet SmartHub by opening up the app store on your mobile phone or tablet.
Tap “Search” at the top of the screen to pull up the search bar. Type “Fleet SmartHub,” then tap to enter. Type the name of the company that provides the app you’re looking for; once the correct company name appears, tap it to select it.
- Once you find Fleet SmartHub, tap its icon.
You’ll be taken to the app page. A description of services will pop up so you can see what the app offers before you download it.
- Tap the “Get” or “Install” button.
Follow the instructions as they come up. Downloading your app only takes seconds. Once finished, your install will usually start automatically.
- Go back to your home screen.
Your new Fleet SmartHub app should appear with all your other apps. Tap its icon to open it. Make sure you have your login information handy!
- You’re ready to start using your app!